I started this entry back about a week before Christmas in the process of writing a slew of entries about LOST (some I’ll finish later) but, between now and the time the fourth season will start, LOST fans may have a chance to get a glimpse of what the monster on the island looks like.
Actually, J.J. Abrams is giving us a new monster:
After he and his son visited a toy store in Japan, J. J. Abrams conceived of a new monster. He explained, “I want a monster movie, I’ve wanted one for so long. I was in Japan with my son and all he wanted to do is go to toy stores. And we saw all these Godzilla toys, and I thought, we need our own monster, and not King Kong, King Kong’s adorable. I wanted something that was just insane and intense. It’s almost done shooting and I watch dailies and I’m more excited for them than the trailer, which has had an overwhelming response. We have 6 months before this comes out. We’re going to have a whole bunch of things, a whole bunch more.”
Watching the trailer, there are sounds suspiciously similar to LOST’s monster (and if you’ve ever heard a New York Taxi chug out a receipt you know how terrifying that sounds, especially the way the fare has gone up).
Set to open in the next ten days, I’ve got a feeling though it has the potential to be a big winner or a big loser, there just doesn’t seem to be middle ground with this one. Click on the one sheet image to see the trailer:

Funny thing is the teaser trailer looks incredible but the recent campaign makes the mistake a lot of these movies do in showing you way too much! The stuff I’ve seen lately makes me want to see the movie less. Although I will say that some of the sounds you hear during the course of the trailer are reminiscent of the Monster on LOST.
Director Matt Reeves described the presentation, “We wanted this to be as if someone found a Handicam, took out the tape and put it in the player to watch it. What you’re watching is a home movie that then turns into something else.” Reeves explained that the pedestrians documenting the severed head of the Statue of Liberty with the camera phones was reflective of the contemporary period. “Cloverfield very much speaks to the fear and anxieties of our time, how we live our lives. Constantly documenting things and putting them up on YouTube, sending people videos through e-mail - we felt it was very applicable to the way people feel now,” the director said.
No comments:
Post a Comment